This article provides an introduction to the Fractal App. Please note that this article is a work in progress and will be updated soon. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
- Relationship with Optimism
- Overview of Features
- Overview of Benefits
- Intro Video
- Related Posts
- Alien World’s ƒractal
Please Note: This article is a work in progress and will be updated soon. Enjoy!
Our team member Vlad has been working with several talented builders for the past year to create a comprehensive fractal app on Antelope blockchains. The software is now complete and he is now preparing to launch the Fractal App to provide many benefits for communities.
The Fractal App is a web application that offers features such as WebRTC integration for video meetings, automatic video recording, member induction system, custom token distribution, RESPECT distribution, dynamic permission system of the contract based on member’s Respect, onchain randomization of members into breakout groups during weekly meetings, and onchain ranking validation. The Fractal App offers a well-designed decentralized system for electing custodians in a dynamic manner, an automatic compensation distribution system, increased engagement with onchain accountability, and the potential for further development to enhance collaboration and productivity within the community.
One of the unique features of the Fractal App smart contract is an automated MSIG functionality that dynamically updates permissions to include the most respected members who have earned the most respect in the past twelve weeks. This functionality is already enabled in Alien Worlds Fractal as you can see in this article and you can learn more about the app here. You can see the Github Repository for the open source software here and learn more in this article.
There are three main components of the Fractal App: the smart contract, fractal node, and user interface.
One of the unique features of the Fractal App smart contract is an automated MSIG functionality that dynamically updates permissions to include the most respected members who have earned the most respect in the past twelve weeks. Other exciting features include the contract holding the application state, the ability to trigger contract state changes through community member actions, privileged actions for respected community members on the automated MSIG, RNG for random grouping during meetings, automatic validation of ranking results, claimability of any number of tokens in proportion to respect points, and automatic distribution of eosio.token based on member rankings.
The fractal node includes a web server for user interface access, a Janus WebRTC server for hosting and recording breakout room video sessions, and a simple API for controlling the application. It allows for opening and closing breakout rooms and restricts access to certain rooms based on randomly determined EOS accounts.
The user interface is a browser app that gives community access to the applicatio, facilitates the video sessions and live ranking of the participants, loads the corresponding features depending on the status of the blockchain account, and facilitates membership management, (including the induction system).
- Contract owned by most respected WG members as determined by fractal democracy.
- Contract holds the entire application state.
- State changes are triggered by community members executing actions on the contract.
- Some actions are privileged only executable by msiggers.
- Features RNG for random grouping of the members during the weekly meetings (https://firstname.lastname@example.org/r4ndomnumb3r-7a26d36e8018).
- Automatically validates ranking results.
- Distributes any eosio.token based on WG members ranking each other.
- Runs web server for the user interface so community members have access to the application.
- Runs Janus WebRTC server to host and record the breakout room video sessions.
- Provides a simple API through which the fractally application can be controlled.
- Opens/closes breakout rooms.
- Only allows certain EOS accounts access to certain rooms (determined randomly by the smart contract).
- Browser app
- Gives community access to the application
- Facilitates the video sessions and live ranking of the participants
- Loads the corresponding features depending on the status of the EOS account
- Facilitates membership management, including the induction system
Relationship with Optimism
The Fractal App is currently built with smart contracts on Antelope blockchains, but all of the software could be ported over to Optimism and Vlad has expressed interest in porting the software if sufficient funding is available. These tools could synergize with helpful primitives on Optimism like ERC-4337 and Hats Protocol. The deep research, development, and live environment testing conducted in another Web3 ecosystem serves a valuable role in refining for their development on Optimism.
Overview of Features
The web-app includes following features:
- WebRTC integration for weekly video meetings.
- Automatic video recording for all the meetings.
- WG member induction system.
- Custom token distribution system.
- RESPECT distribution system.
- Dynamic permission system of the contract based on member's RESPECT holdings.
- On-chain member randomization into groups for the weekly meetings.
- On-chain ranking validation.
The Fractal App is a web application that offers features such as WebRTC integration for video meetings, automatic video recording, member induction system, custom token distribution, RESPECT distribution, dynamic permission system of the contract based on member’s Respect, on-chain randomization of members into breakout groups during weekly meetings, and on-chain ranking validation.
Overview of Benefits
Benefits of the fractal app include:
- Well designed decentralized system to elect custodians for the community account treasury. The contract of the Fractal app constantly at the hands of most respected community members).
- Compensation distribution system for members of the community
- Increased accountability and engagement from the community members (on-chain proof of participation in the meetings).
- Possibility of further development, including additional on-chain modules that further increase the collaboration, productivity and cohesion of the community
Get a front-row seat as Vlad takes you on a dynamic tour of the ZEOS Fractal App. Discover the core purpose behind this groundbreaking platform and get an in-depth look at its user interface and standout features.
A powerful voting application that helps communities make decisions, signal their opinions, and measure consensus.
A community of cosmic explorers and intergalactic heroes who play fractal consensus games to create wonderful extropy across the universe!
Cignals are opinions that help us reach consensus. Cignals help us cooperate and know what we’re each thinking with the power of Consortium.
Vlad and Dan discuss the best dogs in the galaxy, our mission, holocracy, cooperative designs, moderation, proposals, opinions, agreements, and more!
A social coordination game that helps communities create agendas, choose discussion topics, and make decisions together with Consortium.
Eden Fractal tools empower communities with unprecedented potential for creative collaboration, independence, and mutual benefit!