This page aims to provide an overview of various metrics to measure the impact that Optimystics have created for the Optimism Collective. This includes our past several years of work, which was not directly focused on Optimism but creates profound benefits for Optimism. Please bear in mind that some of these metrics are based on estimations and this is a work in progress. Thanks for reading. Enjoy! 🌞
Table of Contents
- Planting the Seeds of Optimistic Fractals
- Notes about Open Source Software
- The Roots of Optimism Fractal
- Our Fractal Journey to Optimism
Planting the Seeds of Optimistic Fractals
We’ve been volunteering to build the fractal innovations that enabled Optimism Fractal with hundreds of builders for over three years. While we were not aware of Optimism for much of this time, the products of these volunteer efforts are profoundly helpful for everyone in the Optimism Collective.
This work provided the essential infrastructure that enabled Optimism Fractal to sprout and infuses the design of our work for the Optimism Collective. We believe that this work is an essential public good for all communities in Optimism. For example, our videos and articles provide insightful information that is valuable to anyone interested in growing a community. The prior research and development of tools has played a crucial role in deliverable the world class experience that we do in the Optimism ecosystem.
You can explore this article to learn more about our work over the past three years that led us to Optimism and how these fractal innovations can create profound benefits for the Optimism Collective. The following table aim to provide a rough estimation of metrics of our indirect impact to help grow Optimism. Feel free to reach out with any questions or comments.
We’ve been working to build the fractal innovations that enabled Optimism Fractal with hundreds of builders for over three years. While we were not aware of Optimism for much of this time, it nonetheless provided the critical infrastructure to enable Optimism Fractal to thrive and brought our Optimystics team together. This table aim to provide a rough estimation of metrics of our indirect impact.
|Source of Truth
Fractal Shows Produced
Unique Participants in Fractal Meetings
Eden Creators channel video impressions
Eden Creators Watch Time
Eden Creators total video views
Fractal Smart Contract Interactions
Player Hours of Engaged Discussions
Fractal Builder Volunteer Hours
Fractal Telegram Impressions
Notes about Open Source Software
Here are some additional notes about our how the indirect contributions that we’ve made over the past two years have positively impacted the Optimism Collective.
- The first commits for the frontend code were over a year ago and much of this code has been repurposed for Optimism Fractal’s web app. It’s also been maintained for regular use since then and has helped grow Optimism since August in weekly Eden Fractal meetings. You can see the frontend code in one of the repositories for the RetroPGF application and the original version linked here.
- We created a proposal for Optimism Fractal in the Optimism Grants Council in August. The proposal includes a detailed scoping and overview of the tools in our application. You can see it here.
- The first onchain onchain transaction using our code that’s described in application was 18 months ago and our software has facilitated meetings every week since then. The code has been used in over 6000 transactions by about a hundred participants and has played an essential role in facilitating over 80 meetings and videos. You can see some of these transactions here. Most of these transactions were done on another blockchain, but they served an invaluable role in researching and testing the tools needed for Optimism Fractal. This code also facilitated over ten meetings and videos where we promoted Optimism to many experienced Web3 builders.
There are three full stack developers on our team and we’ve been volunteering to build open source software described in our application for the past two years. Some of our team members have been building on Optimism full time since August and our code has certainly made a positive impact for the Collective, but our application is only on a few ballots so far and we’re not sure if our impact will be rewarded in this round of RetroPGF. We have a limited runway so it may be difficult for us to achieve all our goals in growing Optimism if we don’t receive funding until the next round in six months. We’d greatly appreciate it if you support our work believe that this decision would be in the best interests of the Optimism Collective.
Avg of 12 participants for 2 hours = 24 hours per week
24 hours x 72 weeks = 1728 hours at eden fractal
Genesis Fractal - 30 participants for 2 hours = 60 hours per week * 30 =1800 hours
Team Discussions about this
AW Fractal - 6 participants for 90 minutes for 30 weeks…
Yes it’s a rough approximation from from the eden.fractal account as you can see here. There are also more for other fractals.
Last night I wrote that it doesn’t seem worth it to include this as it’s not on Optimism, but I removed that part since the fact that it’s on a major blockchain might be helpful for badge holders to verify that we have been consistently testing this onchain since last May. I started writing a bit about this below and plan to provide more details in this section and the intro. I’ll do my best to improve this today and in the coming days. I think it’s probably best to remove this number about smart contract interactions from the application itself and only include it here as it might be misleading or confusing for reviewers if it isn’t provided immediately alongside the proper context.
The other numbers in this table vary from being quite accurate to being very rough approximations. I’ll also work to improve the accuracy, provide more context here, and remove other metrics like this from the application when they require more context to explain. If it’s helpful, you can review a couple screenshots from the application and application guideline pasted below to understand how we can best convey our impact for Optimism:
Our story spreading Optimism and creating Optimism Fractal. Optimism Fractal is rooted in profound wisdom designed to help communities thrive and our processes have been honed by hundreds of the world’s most talented builders for countless hours. This article aims to summarize the years of research, development, and amazing experiences that led to the sprouting of Optimism Fractal 🌱
We’ve been volunteering to build the fractal innovations that enabled Optimism Fractal with hundreds of builders for over three years. This article provides an overview of our past work and how these fractal innovations can create profound benefits for the Optimism Collective.