We build open-source tools for anyone to empower their community with consensus games on the OP Stack. We aim to improve human coordination and award public goods creators with Optimism. Optimystics tools are designed to help communities grow an abundant future of collaboration, foster amazing experiences, and enable unprecedented independence!
The tools that we’re most focused on building are fractal tools for OptimismOP Stack blockchains, such as Optimism.
These tools are built on the EVM, or Ethereum Virtual Machine.
Table of Contents
How do we use the OP Mainnet to play the Respect Game? We demonstrate Fractalgram and our intuitive webapp that helps communities reach consensus while having fun!
To play the "Respect Game" in the context of Optimism Fractal, the following steps are involved:
- Web App Utilization: The game leverages a web app, specifically designed for submitting consensus results. This app is part of the Optimism Fractal ecosystem, which focuses on collaboration and supporting public goods creators.
- Community Meetings and Networking: Regular community meetings are held, where participants can network, discuss, and ask questions. These meetings set the stage for playing the Respect Game.
- Using the Fractalgram App: The Fractalgram app, which integrates with Telegram, plays a central role. It's designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, even for those with limited experience in web3 or digital wallets.
- Playing the Game in Telegram: The game can be played directly within Telegram. Participants engage in polls, and the results are then pinned to the Optimism mainnet.
- Entering Optimism Accounts: Players enter their Optimism accounts into Telegram, facilitating the direct transmission of results to the Optimism mainnet.
- Reaching Consensus: A key part of the game is reaching consensus. Two-thirds of the group need to agree to form a consensus. This process is facilitated through the use of polls and discussions among participants.
- Submitting Results: After consensus is reached, results are submitted. This involves confirming the accuracy of participant addresses and other details before pushing the data onto the blockchain.
- Additional Tools and Features: The system plans to integrate features like Ethereum Name Service (ENS) for more user-friendly and readable transactions. This allows for easier identification of participants and more seamless interaction.
- Confirmation and Submission to Blockchain: The final step involves confirming the transaction details and then submitting them to the blockchain, ensuring that the consensus results are officially recorded.
The process emphasizes collaboration, consensus-building, and the use of intuitive web applications to foster community interaction and decision-making within the Optimism Fractal ecosystem.
The OP Fractal Stack
We created of an open source toolset that enables anyone to grow their community by playing the Respect Game on Optimism.
This toolset includes smart contracts for ranking contributions, a webapp to submit votes while playing consensus games, and an app called Fractalgram to provide an intuitive experience for all players on during community events. The consensus games that these tools implement are used to distribute a non-transferable token called Respect, which represents contribution of an individual to a common goal.
These tools are being used to facilitate Respect Games in weekly Optimism Fractal meetings. All are welcome to join these events to try these tools in a live environment and watch our videos to see our tools in use. The tools that we build are all open source, so developers can use the code in our repositories and anyone can now start playing the Respect Game at their community events. You can see how the tools are used in weekly Optimism Fractal meetings at OptimismFractal.com.
You can watch the short video clip below for a basic introduction to the game that these tools enable and explore the articles below for many exciting details. We encourage you to watch videos of Optimism Fractal events and explore our blog to gain a better understanding of the profound benefits these tools can create.
What is the Respect Game?
The Respect Game is a simple, elegant, and profoundly helpful game that anyone can play to grow their community. This consensus game is at the heart of Optimism Fractal and the tools we build at Optimystics. Here’s how it works:
First, a group of people meet up and go into subgroups of three to six people. This can happen on video calls or in person. Then each participant gets to introduce themselves and share their work with their group of optimists. They each speak about how they’ve helped their community. At Optimism Fractal, we rank contributions to Optimism. After each player takes their turn speaking for up to four minutes, they try to reach consensus in ranking their contributions to community and then they post the rankings to the OP Mainnet with our intuitive web app.
In order to win the players is need to form 2/3rds consensus to rank each persons contributions to the community and signal this onchain before the end of the game. All players who reach consensus earn Respect, a soulbound token that can give you mystical powers and help badgeholders understand your impact in future seasons of RetroPGF. Players earn more respect when they are ranked higher and the game repeats for an hour each week.
You can watch intro videos and learn more about the profound benefits of the Respect Game in this article.
Enhancing RetroPGF with the Optimism Fractal Tools
RetroPGF is a groundbreaking mechanism to reward public goods creators and grow communities, but it has a key problem that our tools can solve. You can read this article to learn how Optimism Fractal can relieve burden from badgeholders, raise awareness public goods creators, and help the citizens fairly reward impact in the Optimism Collective.
You can explore below the articles below learn much more about our tools and how they can help empower your community. We’re happy to help you get started with our tools. Feel free to reach out with questions or comments :)
We have many more tools in development and we’re excited to share more with you soon. In the future we also aim to curate resources about more tools in the Optimism ecosystem on this page, such as introductory resources about the OP Stack and Superchain.
When you click on each tool you can learn how it relates to Optimism
- This includes many tools, services, games, shows, etc
Optimism Fractal provides a perfect place to try our tools while collaborating with talented builders in the Optimism Collective. You’re welcome to join our weekly events on Mondays at 17 UTC, watch our previous episodes, and explore our blog to learn more about our tools.
You can also learn more about our tools at Fractally.com, Psinq.com, EdenElections.com, and EdenCreators.com/tools. The tools featured on these sites have inspired much of our work at Optimystics and provide helpful resources for those interested in diving deeper other communities who are using similar tools.